My fascination for cheesecake inspires me to make experiments with this classic dessert. Be it for any occasion or to meet some sweet craving cheesecake hits my mind first over other desserts. The different layers of ingredients compiled together to give shape to this particular dessert are truly intriguing and satisfying as well.
A few days back I came across this beautiful chocolate layers cheesecake recipe on social media. Social media operators are very observant I must say. The moment they come to know about your interest you will be flooded with similar types of stuff whether you like it or not. Like my Facebook timelines are full of recipes now. Good for me as I get ideas from these sources to improvise in my own kitchen!
Coming to the recipe, no recipe is complicated or difficult. If you know the technique half the battle is won. And to know the technique one has to practice. This cheesecake is not difficult but slightly tricky to make the chocolate and coffee layers. Some patience and careful approach will get you perfection.
Preparation Time: 1 hour
Serves: 10 pieces
- Oreo biscuit: 12 pieces.
- Digestive biscuit: 12 pieces
- Unsalted butter: ½ cup
- Sugar (powdered): 1 cup
- Heavy whipping cream: 1 cup
- Cream cheese: 200 gm
- Vanilla extract: 1 tsp
- Gelatin powder: 15 gm dissolved in ¼ cup of water
- Dark chocolate: 1 cup
- Lemon juice: 2 tsp
1. Crush biscuits into fine crumbs in a blender. Add melted butter.
2. Take a loose bottom pan and press the biscuit crumbs to form an even base. Put it in the fridge till the filling is ready.
3. Break the chocolate into small pieces and melt over a double boiler.
4. Dissolve gelatin in ¼ cup of water and microwave for 15 seconds.
5. Take a large bowl and pour in the cream and sugar and whisk till they get a smooth texture.
6. Add cream cheese and mix well. Add lemon juice.
7. Pour gelatin and mix well. Add vanilla extract.
8. Now comes the tricky part of the recipe. Take 4 bowls. Pour less than half of the cheesecake mixture in one bowl. Divide the rest of the batter into three parts and pour into 3 bowls. In these 3 bowls add chocolate and mix gently. While adding chocolates, in the first bowl add slightly less than 3 tbsp of chocolate. In the second bowl add 5 tbsp of chocolate and in the third bowl add the rest of the chocolate.
9. Take out the base from refrigerator and pour the plain cheesecake mixture onto it. Spread it evenly. Let it settle for 2 minutes. Now pour the first chocolate mixture in the centre. Wait for another 2 minutes. Now add the second chocolate mixture in the centre. Wait for another 2 minutes. Finally pour the third layer, in the centre of the second chocolate layer. Tap the tin slightly.
11. Put the cheesecake in the refrigerator and let it chill for at least 4 hours or overnight. Serve cold.
11. Enjoy the heavenly taste of layered chocolate cheesecake . Life is beautiful 😊
- Instead of Oreo, any chocolate cookies can be used. Bourbon is a nice substitute of Oreo.
- Cream cheese can be substituted by hung curd.
- While adding the chocolate to the cream cheese and cream mixture keep one simple thing in mind that the first layer will have less chocolate, second layer more than the first layer and the third layer will have the maximum chocolate in it to give the dark colour.
- Heavy whipping cream can be replaced by low fat (25% fat) cream.